[The universe, the earth, the mountains, the deserts, the oceans, everything has been created by the power of God. By this same Almighty power, He can meet all of your needs.] [Brackets- my comments].
1. God (Jesus) said, “I am your shepherd.” Psalm 23 [Jesus repeated,”I am the good shepherd. I lay down my life for my sheep.” ] God promises you, I will take care of you, I will bless you, I will protect you, I will save you, I will guide you, I will direct you, I will discipline you when you need it, I will do all of these things. When you are so tired you cannot put one foot in front of the other, I will carry you.
[God makes this promise to his children. How do you become a child of God? You confess your sin and ask Jesus to forgive you. You believe in Him- His virgin birth, his death on the cross and His resurrection. In Romans 3:10 in the Bible Jesus tells us that we are ALL sinners. In John 3:16 Jesus said,”For God so loved the world, that He gave his only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life.”
2. Give God first place in every area of your life. You don’t just pray, “Yeah, God I just want you to get me into heaven”. You pray “You need to be number one in every area of my life.” Matthew 6:31 NLT tells us “Your Heavenly Father knows perfectly well what you need.” God knows your needs more than you do.If you did not have needs you would never trust in God. God will give you what you need if you give him first place in your life and you live as he wants you to live.
3. RELAX. God wants you to relax. Give him all of your worries in prayer. Then count all your blessings. Make a list of all the things God has done for you. Write down your list of blessings, save that list and when you start feeling down, take out that list and read it. Sometimes you need to make a list of all of your worries. Write them all down. Then give all of those worries to God. When you are worried, don’t repress it, don’t suppress it, express it. Give it to God. If you take a can of coke, shake it up and put it into a freezer it will explode. The same is true in your life.
Jesus said in Philippians 4:6-7 “Don’t worry about anything, instead, pray about everything.” Tell God all of your needs and thank him for all he has done for you. If you do this, you will experience God’s peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. You will have peace when you have no logical, rational reason to have peace. Then you will be a witness to the world and people will say, “Man, I want to be like that guy or that woman. She has peace in the middle of chaos. RELAX. Every time you start to get worried say, “The LORD is my shepherd.”
4. TRUST GOD FOR ONE DAY AT A TIME. Matthew 6:34 says,”Don’t worry about tomorrow, because tomorrow will have it’s own worries. Each day has enough trouble of it’s own.” God will give you the grace you need for today. He will not give you the grace you need for tomorrow until tomorrow. That does not mean you do not plan for the future. The fool makes no plans for the future. Have you planned for your eternal future? Have you made peace with God? When you worry about tomorrow ‘s problems you miss all the blessings of today. God will help you to deal with whatever hard things happen when the time comes.
IF YOU HAVE STRUGGLED WITH CHRONIC ANXIETY AND YOU’VE HAD IT FOR YEARS
1. See a Doctor. Get a check up. Have some tests done.
2. [Have a psychological evaluation]. Get a good therapist.
3. Medicine might help you. It’s OK to need medicine. When a person’s chemistry is messed up some people are chronically anxious. Other people are chronically angry or chronically depressed. If you’re having a chemical imbalance in your [brain] and you say “just trust God” it is like cutting the wing off a bird and saying “OK fly.” If it doesn’t have a wing a bird is not going to fly. You may have to get your brain stabilized with medication.
4. WHAT GOD GIVES TO ME, HE WANTS TO GIVE THROUGH ME.
God wants you to share everything he gives you with others. When God meets your needs, he want you to meet the needs of other people. When you meet other people’s needs with what God has blessed you with, God gets extremely happy. God is a generous God.
From “Letting God Meet My Needs” Part 3 by Rick Warren